Introducing THE PLAYPEN
Want all the fun and excitement of playing in The Cage without the risk to your bankroll? Then we have the perfect option for you.
You’re going to love The Playpen because:
- Each tournament takes only 52 minutes to play.
- You can play up to 3 tournaments in an evening or afternoon.
- Sunday, January 17th and 24th at 2PM, 3PM and 4PM ET.
- Wednesday, January 20th and 27th at 6PM, 7PM and 8PM ET.
- Buy-in $10+.50 ($10.50).
- You get the High stakes poker feel with blinds increasing from 5/10 up to 25/50 every 13 minutes.
- 4 Blind levels / in a Turbo Format
- 1000 chip starting stack
- 6-max structure
- Normal play timing/time bank rules will apply
- No re-buys or re entries allowed.
- Event ends when time is up, regardless of how many are players left.
- Every chip you have remaining at the end, will be converted to cash at a rate of 1¢ per chip at the end of the tournament.
The Playpen is a new micro-stakes cash game in tournament format with four levels, each 13 minutes long.
You start with 1,000 chips and when the four levels are up, your chips are converted to real cash at 1 penny for every chip in your stack.
For example, if you’ve accumulated 20,000 chips during your play, it’s converted to $200 at the end of the tournament.
And the best part is the buy-in is just $10.50, a fraction of the $1,050 Cage that takes place every Wednesday at 7PM ET.
These are the first micro stakes versions of this tournament format ever offered. ACR will be watching these closely and have even suggested that these may become weekly events if they are as successful and popular as they believe they will be.
Win a Seat to the $1,050 CAGE by winning in the PLAYPEN
In addition to the cash you can earn with The Playpen, Americas Cardroom will also reward you with a seat in The Cage by finishing on top of the Playpen Leaderboard.
Every chip of the top 5 finishers (chip leaders), at the end of each Playpen tournament, will be converted into points at a 1 for 1 rate.
Whoever has the most leaderboard points at the end of the 12 scheduled PLAYPEN tournaments will win a $1050 seat into the next scheduled weekly CAGE Event.
This is a very affordable way for micro stakes NLHE players to use their cash game skills to accumulate some big wins, very quickly.